Monday, January 18, 2010

The Everyday Reality of It All.

Last Friday was my 31st birthday...and I was excited because Mom and Dad were going to be coming up to see us. It's always a big deal when they come up because rarely does Mom have the energy to travel and be in a different place. It's way easier for them to stay home and have us come to them. But they had offered to give us some free babysitting so we could have a birthday date night.

Unfortunately, they had to cancel on Friday afternoon because Mom was having a migraine and just wasn't feeling up to it. We totally understood, and were able to secure other childcare provisions (thanks to Brandon's mom). But I'd be lying to you if I didn't admit I was just a smidge disappointed. But that's the reality of it. The everyday reality of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment