Monday, October 5, 2009

The E & A Fix


Mom and Dad affectionately say they need an "E & A fix". That's Ella and Allie, their precious grandbabies who live about an hour and a half away. And then they say, "and of course we want to see you and Brandon, too!" Riiiiight! I know where I stand now! Ha ha! :)

Brandon and I decided to pack up the car and the kids and trek down there. We arrived Friday at lunchtime and had a wonderful visit. Allie has just cut two teeth and is beginning to crawl. Tomorrow she will be 6 months old. Ella is into everything, and was a total angel the whole time we were there.


We had some good talks, some difficult talks, some great weather, some great food, and a lot of fun. There are a lot of topics of conversation that I honestly never thought I'd have to engage in at such a young age concerning tying up loose ends "just in case". Mom has always liked to be prepared, and I'm glad for it.
Most of our time was just spent in each other's company. It is a precious commodity that I don't take for granted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment